Ingredients: I doubled everything, excepted noted.
- 1 (12-ounce) bag of fresh cranberries, cleaned
- 1 3/4 cups sugar (this I did not double, cranberries should taste like cranberries, not candy!)
- 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 1 orange, zest grated and juiced (if doubling the recipe, use juice of 1 orange and peel and chop the second orange)
- 1 lemon, zest grated and juiced
- 3/4 cup raisins, soaked in 1 jigger orange liqueur (I used Gran Marnier.)
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
Cook the cranberries, sugar, and 1 cup of water in a saucepan over low heat for about 5 minutes, or until the skins pop open. Add the apple, zests, and juices, drain the orange liqueur from the raisins-add it, and cook for 15 more minutes. Remove from the heat and add the raisins and nuts. Let cool, and serve chilled.