Thursday, October 13, 2011

THE FALL SHOW

The first time I visited Colorado, a friend drove me to Rocky Mountain National Park, standing at the overlook to Long's Peak, I was humbled to tears. I truly understood for the first time what the Arabic and Psalm 48 expression "God is Great" and "Great is Jehovah, and greatly to be praised, in the city of our God, in his holy mountain" actually means. I soon moved to Colorado to be closer to these glorious mountains.
Just a few weeks ago, my husband and I took a drive up the scenic byway "Peak to Peak" highway to check out the fall display of golden aspen leaves. Glorious golden, sunlit aspen trees from Boulder to Estes Park were on display just for our viewing. I felt blessed again with God's greatness. I wanted to share just a few photos with you, share the blessing.




Aspens and Long's Peak



A Bull Elk sitting in the meadow at Rocky Mountain National Park waiting
for the girls to arrive, so to speak.



Aspens lit by the sun at the park.


Me and my happiness shining with the aspens.



1 comment:

  1. Beautiful. That's the kind of beauty we don't get here in NorCal.. :(

    ReplyDelete