Sunday, April 15, 2012

Homemade Chicken Soup--My Way.

I made my homemade chicken soup today. I'm feeling a bit flu-like and really just couldn't manage to think of possibly eating anything else. I made a large amount, I thought, but, most of it was eaten by my family. I hope you find it an easy go-to recipe for your under-the-weather days and enjoy...to good health!


Homemade Chicken Soup, Victoria's Way

1 red onion diced
4 stalks celery, with tops, diced
3/4 cup diced carrots
-Saute these in 2 Tbs Olive Oil in large stock pot til tender and translucent.
Add: 1 teaspoonful garlic seasoning--to your taste, or fresh if you like.

Add:
3-32 oz cartons of chicken stock, bring to a boil.
Add:
1 and 1/2 cups long grain rice, reduce heat, and stir frequently until rice is soft.
Add: store-purchased rotisserie chicken, skinned, boned, and chopped.
Fresh thyme pulled from stems, 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley--to taste.

Cook on low until rice is well cooked and flavors harmonious. Notice, there is no salt added to this, plenty will be released by the rotisserie chicken. Try to give your body a break and enjoy it without adding more; there is plenty of flavor here without it. Alternatively, you may choose to use Orzo pasta in lieu of the rice.

1 comment:

  1. I always make chicken soup if somebody is sick in the house. With shitake mushrooms and vegetables, I think it really makes the recovery much faster.

    ReplyDelete