Friday, March 9, 2012

YOU AND I


I've been blessed with some very lovely and fulfilling relationships. From the start, I knew we were meant to meet, for the betterment of them or me, that I didn't know, and am still learning. Some of my friends give me more than I could have ever expected I needed and others simply stand up for me, get my back, and catch my fall. I often say I have been blessed with the gift of Providence and perhaps it is true. The Chinese have another theory as stated below. It does seem as fitting and as true. Nothing I could have done would have kept these lovely relationships from coming into being. Thankfully, I have been equally blessed with the desire to give, give, give as much as is needed to fertilize the blossoming of these friendships. I gain so much more in return.
When I met my husband, we both had walked in and out of the same music club twice in the same night before actually bumping into each other. Honestly, I've always felt we had walked circles around each other for months before this, and then met at just the right moment in each of our lives for the magic to begin. Supernatural, God, fate, call it what you will; whatever you do allow meetings to flow to you and receive the blessings of others.


A Chinese proverb says an invisible red thread connects those designed to meet, despite the time, the place, despite the circumstances. The thread can be tightened or tangle, but never be broken.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, the red thread ties two people together to be partners for life. I'm still looking for that invisible hand that guides the thread...

    ReplyDelete